In Your Cart
Stearns & Foster Mattresses
Four Levels of Firmness
Stearns and Foster understands that people who choose an innerspring mattress are looking for firm support. Whether for health reasons or personal taste, they want a mattress that looks and feels good but also won’t sag or get lumpy, thereby reducing the quality of sleep. Stearns and Foster also understands that different people require different levels of “firm,” which is why they offer four types of firm luxury mattresses.
- Ultra Firm. The ultimate in firm support, this Stearns and Foster mattress is ideal for sleepers who want a stiff surface support with just a hint of softness for comfort.
- Luxury Firm. This quality mattress combines the same stiff surface support of the ultra firm with added quilted softness for comfort.
- Luxury Cushion Firm. If you want a substantial surface support with additional quilted softness for comfort, the luxury cushion firm is for you.
- Luxury Plush. This mattress redefines luxury sleep by combining deep support with an enveloping softness.
In addition to four types of firmness, Stearns and Foster mattresses also offer many different sizes to choose from. These include, (approximately):
- Twin Mattresses: 37" X 74"
- Full Mattresses: 52.75" x 74"
- Queen Mattresses: 59.75" x 79"
- King Mattresses: 75.75" x 79"
- California King Mattresses: 71.75" x 83"
Dimensions of each individual mattress may vary, so if you’re purchasing a Stearns and Foster mattress for a specific frame or bed, be sure to measure carefully to get the proper size.
160 Years of Luxury Mattresses
Founded in 1846 by George S. Stearns and Seth C. Foster in Cincinnati, Ohio, the company started out making fine upholstery for high-end horse drawn carriages. When Stearns invented a new process for cotton bunting that provided a cleaner, more comfortable alternative for making upholstery, they adapted the new technology to begin producing luxury mattresses.
By the 1920’s, Stearns & Foster mattresses had developed a reputation for unsurpassed luxury and comfort. This reputation endures to this day, where a Stearns & Foster mattress represents the finest in quality materials and craftsmanship. Sin-N-Sleep is proud to offer these quality mattresses to our customers who want luxury and comfort in one mattress.
How to Buy a Coil Mattress
Innerspring mattresses have different types of coils. So when buying a luxury Sterns & Foster mattress, it’s important to know the difference. Four factors determine the level of support in an innerspring mattress.
- Shape of the coil
- Thickness of the wire
- The number of coils in the mattress
- Tempering (look for twice-tempered to prevent sagging)
At Sit 'n Sleep, our knowledgeable sleep consultants will be happy to discuss these and other details to make sure you get the right innerspring mattress for your sleep needs. So come on in to your nearest Sit 'n Sleep store and to find out what luxury sleep really feels like. For the best prices, be sure to come in during a Stearns and Foster mattress sale.
As of 12/30/2015, California state law requires retailers to collect an $11 recycling fee on each mattress and each box spring sold. (I.E. A recycling fee of $22 must be assessed for the purchase of one mattress with one box spring.) The amount of the fee was mandated by the state and is not set by individual retailers. To see the details of the recycling fee in California click here.