In Your Cart
- PureCare Rise & Shine Memory Foam Kids Pillow
- PureCare One Single Silhouette Kids Pillow
- PureCare Rise & Shine Memory Foam & Latex Kids Pillow
- PureCare One Dual Silhouette Kids Pillow
- PRIMO DISTINCT CONTOUR PILLOW
- PRIMO SPLENDID PILLOW
- TEMPUR-Essential Support Pillow
- PureCare Memory Foam Comfy Pillow
- PureCare Plush Cuddle Me Body Pillow
- TEMPUR-Cloud Soft & Lofty Pillow
- PureCare Plush DreamDuo Pillow
- PureCare Sub-0° Queen Hybrid Pillow
- PureCare Plush Memory Foam Standard Pillow
- Healthy Sleep Ultra-Tech Advanced Pillow
- PureCare Plush Latex Soft Pillow
- PureCare Two Pack Visco Pillows
- Phoenix Microgel Excelsior Queen Pillow
- TEMPUR-Contour Side-To-Side Pillow
- TEMPUR-Contour Side-To-Back Pillow
- PureCare Sub-0° Down Standard Pillow
- PureCare Sub-0° Queen White Down Hybrid Pillow
- PureCare Low Profile Queen Surround Pillow
- TEMPUR-Cloud Soft & Conforming Pillow
- PureCare High Profile Queen Surround Pillow
- PureCare Sub-0° Replenish Reversible Hybrid Pillow
- PureCare ONE 'Cradle' Visco Pillow
- TEMPUR-Contour Side-To-Side Breeze Pillow
- PureCare Sub-0° SoftCell Chill Reversible Hybrid Pillow
- PureCare ONE 'Caress' Latex Pillow
- Technogel Sleeping 2015 Deluxe Pillow
- Technogel Sleeping 2015 Deluxe Thin Pillow
- Technogel Sleeping 2015 Deluxe Thick Pillow
- TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow
- Technogel Sleeping Anatomic Pillow
- Aireloom Nimbus Pillow
- Aireloom Cirrus Latex Pillow
- PureCare ONE Gel 'Cool' Wrapped Memory Foam Pillow
- Technogel Sleeping Queen Contour Pillow
Of all the great inventions in the history of mankind, sleep pillows would certainly make the top 10 list. A simple device, yet bed pillows play a hugely important role in enjoying a restful night’s sleep while helping to maintain good posture and health. The earliest known use of bed pillows occurred around 7,000 B.C. with the early Mesopotamian civilizations. At the time, only the wealthy had pillows, which were a symbol of their influence and wealth. Today, pillows are used in every corner of the earth by people from all walks of life.
Sit ‘N Sleep is proud to offer an extensive line of quality bed pillows of all types, sizes, materials, textures and prices. From standard down to latex, memory foam and gel pillows, you’re sure to find just the right pillow for you either online or at one of our many convenient retail locations.
Choosing the Correct Bed Pillow for Your Sleep Needs
If you wake up in the morning feeling tired sore, you may be sleeping on the wrong pillow. As with the mattress, your pillow should align with the way you sleep and take into consideration any health conditions you might have. In particular, your pillow affects how your neck aligns with your spine, which has a big impact on the quality of your sleep and how you feel each morning. The wrong pillow can lead to neck and back pain, spinal problems and even headaches.
To get the right pillow, sleep experts recommend the following:
- Sleep on your back. Use a thin, flat pillow that comfortably supports the natural curve of the neck. Wedge pillows can also work well with back sleepers.
- Sleep on your side. Choose a contoured pillow that provides firm support while keeping your neck straight. Placing a pillow between your legs can also help to ensure proper spinal alignment.
- Sleep on your stomach. Because this position doesn’t require much head support, use a thin pillow to keep from elevating the head at an improperly high angle. Some stomach sleepers will place a pillow under their stomachs to help prevent lower back pain.
Pillow Shopping Tips
A good pillow should be comfortable, flexible and adaptable. Other considerations when shopping for a bed pillow include:
- If you have allergies to certain materials, check to make sure the pillow does not contain any of them. If necessary, you can purchase a hypoallergenic pillow.
- If you have sleep apnea, select a pillow that helps keep your breathing passages open by lifting the chin.
- If comfort is high on your list, a pillow with a high thread count will be softer and more durable.
As with a mattress, be sure to test the pillow before taking it home. This includes taking it out of the plastic wrap to get a true sense of what it feels like. Also, ask if the pillow comes with a “comfort guarantee” that allows you to return the pillow within a certain amount of time if it doesn’t suit your needs.
At Sit ‘n Sleep, we never underestimate the importance of a quality pillow for a good night’s sleep. Come visit your nearest Sit ‘n Sleep location and our trained sleep consultants will ensure you walk away with the right pillow for your sleep needs.
As of 12/30/2015, California state law requires retailers to collect an $11 recycling fee on each mattress and each box spring sold. (I.E. A recycling fee of $22 must be assessed for the purchase of one mattress with one box spring.) The amount of the fee was mandated by the state and is not set by individual retailers. To see the details of the recycling fee in California click here.