In Your Cart
Pillowcases & Shams
Most people don’t care what their mattress looks like since it is always covered with mattress pads, sheets, blankets and comforters. In fact, when a bed is properly made, you have no idea what the mattress looks like other than its general shape. Not so with pillowcases and shams. When it comes to combining comfort with style, color and design, no other bedding products are as important as these two sleep elements.
Why Use A Decorative Pillowcase
Pillowcases are covers, typically made of cotton, linen or other very soft fabrics, that are used to completely encase the pillows people sleep on at night. In addition to their decorative properties, they have many different uses, including comfort, cleanliness and hygiene.
Unlike pillows, pillowcases can be easily and frequently washed. They help to prevent hair, sweat, dirt and other materials from penetrating into the pillow.
And in the case of hypoallergenic covers, they can even help prevent allergic reactions during the night. Pillowcases come in a myriad of sizes, colors and designs, making them one of the most versatile décor elements in the bedroom.
Pillow shams have a long and interesting history. In the 1700’s, upper class people began using decorative pillows with removable covers in order to add more style and flair to their bedrooms. Over time, these removable covers became known as shams, which means “false front.”
Today, a sham is considered to be any decorative pillowcase that enables regular sized pillows to be used as versatile bedding accessories rather than just for sleeping on at night. Shams can certainly be slept on, as with traditional pillowcases, but they are more often used to cover pillows used for support when sitting in bed or used as decoration during the day.
Pillow shams normally come in a variety of sizes, including standard, king, and Euro. And unlike regular pillowcases, which open at one end to insert the pillow, shams typically open in the middle on one side, with overlapping fabric to smooth over the enclosure.
Check Out Our Cool Pillow Cases
Sit ‘N Sleep is proud to offer an extensive line of decorative pillow cases and pillow shams, ranging from economical to luxury-priced products.
- DreamFit® Degree 6 Tencel Pillowcases. These high-quality pillowcases use patented technology to deliver an extremely comfortable sleeping experience.
- PureCare® Luxury Microfiber Pillowcases. These cool, breathable, wrinkle-resistant pillowcases offer an extra-soft feel at a great price.
- PureCare® Elements SeaCell Halio Pillowcases. Made with fibers derived from high-quality seaweed and natural cellulose, these special pillowcases offer natural antioxidants that help to revitalize and protect your skin.
- PureCare® Elements Bamboo Terrene Pillowcases. These luxurious pillowcases combine bamboo rayon with luxury cotton in a premium sateen weave to provide a remarkably rich comfort and soft feel while you sleep.
We also offer products to help protect your pillowcases and shams.
- PureCare® Silver Pillow Protector. Infused with antibacterial properties, this pillow protector helps guard against bacteria, bed bugs, dust mites, allergens, stains, mold, mildew and moisture to protect your health and ensure a good night’s sleep.
- PureCare® One Aromatherapy Pillow Protector. For those who enjoy the gentle, soothing scent of aromatherapy, these quality pillow covers provide gentle, effective protection for any type of pillow including memory foam, down, gel or latex.
For great pillowcases and shams, shop us online or at one of our many convenient retail showrooms.
As of 12/30/2015, California state law requires retailers to collect an $11 recycling fee on each mattress and each box spring sold. (I.E. A recycling fee of $22 must be assessed for the purchase of one mattress with one box spring.) The amount of the fee was mandated by the state and is not set by individual retailers. To see the details of the recycling fee in California click here.